Name and address of data controller
For the data processing described in the following, the data controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), other data protection laws applicable in the member states of the European Union and other provisions of a data protection nature is:
SÜD-METALL BESCHLÄGE GMBH
D - 83404 Ainring /Hammerau
Phone: +49 8654 / 4675-50
Name and address of data protection officer:
Contact details: email@example.com
We would like to point out that data transmission over the Internet (e.g. communication by email) can be subject to security vulnerabilities. Total protection of the data against access by third parties is therefore not possible.
Handling of personal data
Personal data is information with the help of which a person can be identified or is identifiable, i.e. information that can be traced back to a person. This includes name, email address or telephone number, data about preferences, hobbies and memberships, and which websites have been viewed previously. Personal data will only be collected, used and passed on by us if there is legal permission or if the user has consented.
1. Creation of logfiles
Every time you visit our website, an automated system collects data and information. These are stored in the log files of the server.
The following data can be collected:
- information about the browser type and the version used
- the operating system of the user
- the Internet service provider of the user
- the IP address of the user
- date and time of access
- websites from which the user's system accesses our website (referrer)
- websites accessed by the user's system via our website
The processing of the data serves to deliver the contents of our website, to guarantee the functionality of our information technology systems and the optimisation of our website as well as to provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in the event of a cyber attack. The data of the log files are always stored separately from other personal data of the users, if available at all. This data will not be merged with other data sources. When using this general data and information, we do not draw any conclusions about the person concerned.
This anonymously collected data and information is therefore evaluated by us both statistically and with the aim of increasing data protection and data security in order to ultimately ensure an optimum level of protection for the data we process. These data will not be passed on to third parties.
2. Contact options
Due to legal regulations, our website contains information that enables us to be contacted electronically and directly, for example via an email address. When you contact us at the address firstname.lastname@example.org, your details will be stored for the purpose of processing the enquiry or establishing contact and in the event that follow-up questions arise. Centrally incoming emails are forwarded to the relevant department. This personal data will not be passed on to third parties.
3. Online shop
When you use our online shop, your email address and the password you have entered will be saved when you register. When ordering through the shop your data, e.g.
- Name, first name, title
- Contact details (email, phone)
- Delivery and billing address and order data
- Information on the order (project, address, project)
will be processed. When ordering, you will receive an order confirmation by email. The data will be transferred to our order system for further processing of the order and will only be used for the purpose of the order. Previous orders can be seen by you with registration. Access to this data is restricted to the user concerned.
4. SSL and TLS encryption
This site uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as orders or requests that you send to us in our role as a service provider or data controller. You can recognise an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from "http://" to "https://" and by the padlock symbol in your browser line. If SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
5. Use of email address for sending newsletters
If you are a new customer, we use your email address, independently of order processing, for newsletter dispatch, provided you have expressly agreed. Processing will then take place on the basis of Art. 6 (1) a GDPR with your consent. You can revoke this consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing carried out thus far. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by using the corresponding link in the newsletter or by notifying us. Your email address will then be removed from the mailing list.
If you are an existing customer, we will use your email address for sending newsletters on the basis of our legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 f) GDPR. You can object to the processing taking place in this respect at any time for the future. This shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out up to that point. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by using the corresponding link in the newsletter or by notifying us. Your e-mail address will then be removed from the mailing list.
Our website has a button that opens our company website within the social network Facebook. The service is provided by the company Facebook Inc. (“provider”).
Facebook is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, Unites States (“Facebook”). When clicking on the aforementioned button while logged into your Facebook account, Facebook will possibly be able to associate your visit to our site to your Facebook user account. We have no specific knowledge of the contents of the data transmitted in this respect or Facebook’s use of it.
If you do not want Facebook to associate your visit to our website with your Facebook user account, please log out of your Facebook account before visiting our website.
Our website contains links to various videos about our corporate identity and product information. For this we use YouTube. YouTube is operated by YouTube LLC, headquartered in 901 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. YouTube is represented by Google Inc., located at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. When you click on the videos you will be redirected to the YouTube website. If you click on the videos while logged into your Google and/or YouTube account, YouTube may be able to link your visit to our website with your user account. We have no specific knowledge of the content of the data transmitted in this respect or of its use by YouTube or Google.
If you do not want YouTube or Google to link your visit to our website to your account, please log out of your account before visiting our website.
The purpose and scope of data collection and of the processing and use of your data by YouTube, as well as your rights in this regard and settings options to protect your privacy, can be found in YouTube's data protection information at www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/
9. Routine deletion and blocking of personal data
We process and store the personal data of the person concerned only for as long as is necessary for storage purposes. In addition, the data may be stored if the European or national legislator has provided for this in EU ordinances, laws or other regulations to which the data controller is subject (e.g. commercial and tax retention periods).
As soon as the storage purpose no longer applies or a storage period prescribed by the aforementioned regulations expires, the personal data will be routinely deleted, unless they are still required for contract fulfilment or contract initiation and/or we continue to have a justified interest in further storage. The right of objection as below remains unaffected.
10. Legal basis for the processing
The above-mentioned and other personal data that we receive from data subjects outside of the scope of their visit to our website are usually only processed by us if you voluntarily and actively communicate them to us.
Sometimes, in order for a contract to be concluded, it may be necessary for the data subject to provide personal data that we must subsequently process. If you visit our online shop, the basis of the processing is the intended or existing contract between you and us. Article 6(1)(b) GDPR serves as the legal basis for the processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party. This shall also apply to processing necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures.
If the processing of personal data is based on Article 6 (f) GDPR, our legitimate interest is the performance of our business activities for the benefit of all our employees and shareholders.
Any processing of your personal data that goes beyond the scope of the statutory provisions on permission will require your express consent. For processing for which we obtain your consent for a specific purpose, Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a) GDPR shall serve as the legal basis.
11. Disclosure of data to third parties
The data relating to your use of our online shop, and data arising from your visit to our website, may be further processed by our contract processing suppliers.
12. Rights of the data subject
You have the right:
- To request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information about
- the processing purposes,
- the categories of personal data,
- the categories of recipients to whom your information has been or will be disclosed,
- the planned storage period,
- the existence of a right of rectification, cancellation, limitation or opposition,
- the existence of a right of appeal,
- the origin of your data, if it is not us.
You further have the right:
- To demand the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us immediately in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR.
- To demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion or exercise of or defence against legal claims.
- To demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR if the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, or the processing is unlawful, but you refuse its deletion and we no longer need the data, but you need it to assert or exercise or defend yourself against legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR.
- Pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive in a structured, common and machine-readable format the personal data you have provided to us or to request the transfer of such data to another data controller.
- Pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, on grounds specific to you, to object to the future processing of your data by us, if with due regard to the balance of interests we process your data on the basis of our overriding legitimate interest. If you make justified use of your right of objection, we will cease to process the data concerned. We reserve the right to further processing if we can prove compelling grounds for processing that outweigh your interests, fundamental rights and fundamental freedoms, or if our processing serves the assertion or exercise of or defence against legal claims.
- Complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. The supervisory authority responsible for us in data protection issues is the state data protection officer of the federal state in which our company is based. A list of Data Protection Officers and their contact details can be found at: www.bfdi.bund.de/DE/Infothek/Anschriften_Links/anschriften_links-node.html
- In accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR, to revoke your consent at any time. The consequence of this is that we may not continue the data processing based on this consent. If you wish to exercise your right to object, simply send an email to email@example.com
For all matters concerning your data protection, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Süd-Metall Beschläge GmbH, Department of Data Protection, Sägewerkstraße 5, 83404 Ainring/Hammerau, Germany.